SARES and SARU
Content & Entertainment
Moonsport’s Entertainment and Communications teams were tasked to create a event that represents Africa and achieves World Rugby standards while working closely with the rights holder to accurately execute the tournament visual identity across TV, Social Media and within the stadium. Supported by a marketing communications strategy that will drive fan engagement and achieve ticket sales over an eight-month campaign.
Moonsport’s Entertainment and Communications divisions joined forces to deliver a true Rugby World Cup experience in South Africa for the fans. Starting with an eight-month social media campaign building up the excitement to a three-day Rugby World Cup event at Cape Town Stadium. By covering digital content, in-stadium branding, sponsorship activations and a three-day in-stadium entertainment program resulting in an unforgettable and unique fan engagement experience. Selling out two of three days and having a near-capacity stadium for the majority of the three-day event was deemed a huge success by World Rugby and South African Rugby.
WHAT WE DID
Motorsport’s multi-offering executed a through-the-line campaign for World Rugby and South African Rugby to assist in promotion, ticketing, branding, communications, production, and fan entertainment and to entertain fans from around the world for an eight-month campaign leading to an action pack three-day rugby festival that included:
- Selling out two of the three days through online sales only
- Opening Ceremony that was Broadcasted Live around the world, with 150 performers
- 10 MCs and 17 Entertainment Breaks, Four Resident DJs and 29 Acts
- One highly energetic rugby Village
- Four of the largest stadium LED screens in South Africa to drive commercial opportunities and activations
- 60 hours of operational time over three days day (72 Hours)
- An eight-month fan engagement campaign was delivered across digital media
- Delivered on commercial requirements for sponsors